Friday, August 25, 2006

Go Away Rain

Our luck with the beautiful weather finally ran out this morning. A rainy day at a beach house isn't such a bad thing, but my dad spent all day driving here yesterday, so we were hoping he would get to have a little bit of the sun and pool time that we have been enjoying all week.

But it is still good to have him here. I spent the morning out by the pool, finishing up Beach Road. Good read -- didn't see that ending coming. It was looking a little overcast, but we were keeping our fingers crossed that the rain would hold off. It did for the evening at least.

We wanted to take another walk down Waterside Lane so that we could show my dad the docks before it became too dark. On our way, we passed the Vece Gazebo, outside of the Pierson School on Main Street. The music group Abbey Road, apparently the most popular Beatles tribute band in Connecticut, was setting up to perform as part of Clinton's summer concert series. It must have been a big night in Clinton, because it looked like just about all of the town's residents had come out for the occasion. Hundreds of people sat in the schoolyard on blankets or lawn chairs. Clinton has such a small town feel. It reminds me of Stars Hollow, the fictitious Connecticut town of the Gilmore Girls.

We took a nice walk down to the docks and the inlet, and the concert was just ending when we returned. This morning the rain came. And hasn't stopped coming. For dinner, my parents stopped at a clam shack in town and returned with a large bowl of delicious lobster bisque for me. I think this is the best meal I have had yet!

Another one of my Dad's great shots! But where is the sun?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home