Monday, August 14, 2006

One More Day

Well after almost a year of visits to 4 oral & maxillofacial surgeons, 3 workups, 2 CT scans, and 1 bone scan, I am finally ready for surgery tomorrow afternoon. Or as ready as I can be! I will be on a liquid diet for the next 7-8 weeks, so obviously I have to bulk up on some weight to lose, right?! Last Thursday night, Brooke & I waited out the rain storm to have a delicious "focaccia tartu fata" from Mediterraneo's woodburning pizza oven, filled with fresh robiola cheese and truffle oil. Yum!

Tonight, my mom & I are going out for chopped salads & one last steak dinner. I can't wait. Last night we went grocery shopping for some supplies for the next few weeks - looks like it is going to be a lot of chicken broth, smoothies, & baby food pears. I should have registered at Fresh Direct! I'm still trying to figure out how I can survive on a diet of blended key lime cheese cake, but somehow I think the doctor is probably recommending more like protein & some nutrients for a healthy recovery!

Like Ben Roethlisberger, if all goes well, my mouth will not be wired or banded shut. I know, I know -- I'm sure the boys were all hoping it would be a permanent thing. But state of the art technology allows miniature titanium plates & screws to stabalize the bones in their new position. I'm not sure if this means I will be setting off airport metal directors for the rest of my life. I asked the resident and his reply was, "Not unless you are carrying shampoo!"

Ben looks pretty good at the Espy Awards, just one month after his motorcyle accident where he broke both his upper & lower jaw, and other facial bones. He's a lucky guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home